[Win] Bluesky Frame Converter v4.6.1 – Add AMD RDNA graphics
Bluesky Frame Converter is an application that utilizes Windows' DirectShow filters to convert video frame rates according to the user's needs. Frame Converter is widely used in the media industry, mainly for adjusting video frame rates to make them compatible with different display or broadcast standards.
In a new update, Bluesky Frame Converter "doubles the rate conversion performance" of the AMD Radeon RX 7000 and 6000 "RDNA" graphics processors.
Users can now enjoy videos from AMD Radeon RX 7000 and RX 6000 RDNA GPUs at twice the frame rate using the Frame Converter tool.
As we all know, Bluesky works seamlessly with the Red Team (AMD) graphics lineup, and the new version 4.6 brings faster performance to the Radeon RX 7000 and RX 6000 RDNA GPUs. Here are the features of Bluesky Frame Converter:
Version 4.6.0 (12/23/2023)
- Added x2 rate conversion for Radeon RX 6000/7000 series (Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1 is required)
This program is a DirectShow Filter which can convert the frame rate using GPU, and it has the following features.
- Support AMD Fluid Motion Video
- Rate conversion by frame interpolation
- Support 24p, 25p, 30p, 50p, 60p and 60i input rate
- Support 60p, 72p, 75p, 120p and 144p(GCN GPU) or x2(RDNA GPU) output rates
- Support DXVA decoder
- *1 Support GCN and RDNA generation dGPU and APU
- *2 60i is converted to 24p by IVTC and converted by frame interpolation.
To maximize the application's potential, it is important to update the driver to the latest version, specifically AMD Adrenalin Edition 23.12.1. This may be due to the fact that the newer driver is equipped with a more enhanced version of AMD's Fluid Motion Frames Technology as it facilitates driver-side frame interpolation, thus improving the performance of the Radeon RX 7000 and RX 6000 GPUs' frame rate transitions. side frame interpolation, which improves the frame rate conversion performance of the Radeon RX 7000 and RX 6000 GPUs. You can download the software from this official page.