New version of WhatsApp for Windows released
A new WhatsApp desktop app for Windows users is now available, meaning users no longer need to connect to their phones to send, receive and sync messages. According to the WhatsApp support page, the redesigned WhatsApp is now officially available on the Microsoft Store.
Previously, users on Windows needed to download WhatsApp's web-based desktop app or access the messaging service through a web browser. Today's release is a native Windows app that gives users a faster and smoother experience.
The redesigned WhatsApp offers a cleaner interface compared to previous versions of the app, but the overall difference isn't huge. WhatsApp also says it is currently working on a native app for macOS.
The official support documentation reads
The new WhatsApp desktop application for Windows users is now available.
Advantages of native applications:
- Enhanced reliability and increased speed
- Designed and optimized for desktop operating systems
- Continue to receive notifications and messages even when the phone is offline
Download the new WhatsApp desktop application for Windows at:
Once downloaded and installed, you can log in by following these steps.
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone.
2. Tap More options (on Android devices) or Settings (on iPhone).
3. Tap on a connected device.
4. Point your phone's camera at the QR code displayed on the desktop version of the WhatsApp app.
A desktop version of the WhatsApp application native to the Mac operating system is currently in development.
To get a sneak peek at the new version and help us test it, you can download our beta program by clicking on: